Author Topic: how to disable "avast! On-access scanner message" for all client  (Read 24010 times)

swami

how to disable "avast! On-access scanner message" for all client
« on: November 26, 2008, 11:30:44 AM »
Dear Experts,

I had search avast forum for disabling on-access scanner message, there is solution for avast home/pro edition. But is it possilbe to disable this option from ADNM for all the client PC???

There is one virus in our network and every client PC frequently displaying this popup..... (yellow coloured lines at bottom screen)

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 09:48:40 AM by swami »

sariza

Re: how to disable "avast! On-access scanner message" for all client
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 04:01:58 PM »
Swami; go to your ADMN console, on the Folders structure, select On-access scanning tasks, right click your Resident Task (could be the default, I don't know), select Properties, on the providers section look for Standard Shield, select Advanced, there will be the options you need, I'm going to paste the help text about this section, it could help you to decide what do you want to do, keep in mind that you could need to do this on the other providers.

Best Regards
Sergio Ariza.

"Silent" mode. It is useful mainly for server operating systems. This option ensures that the resident protection will not require any user interaction and will not display any windows. For this reason, it is not recommended to set "choose action" on the Virus page in silent mode, because the interactive action choice requires user interaction of course. It is better to preset some particular action, such as deleting the file or moving it to Chest.
With answer Yes (OK). All avast! questions that would be displayed on the screen under common circumstances, will be replied Yes. If the selected action is choose action after all, pressing the OK button will be simulated.
With answer No (Cancel). All avast! questions that would be displayed on the screen under common circumstances, will be replied No. If the selected action is choose action after all, pressing the Delete button will be simulated (i.e. the infected file will be deleted).

swami

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 05:03:19 AM »
Thank you for interest in replying my post.

I already check this Advance option, but there is no such option.....

sariza

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 04:34:32 PM »
Is ok swami; on Advanced option you have "Silent mode" activated, and "With general answer NO (Cancel)" it means Avast will take action (no the user) but Avast will respond with NO to the action.

Now in order this "Silent mode" works fine, look at Virus section (second option down Advanced), there will be nothing there, because if you have something configured there, the silent mode will not work, and then Avast will asks the user with the options you configured there.

So you have to configure silent mode and with general answer in Advanced option.
And no action to do in Virus option.

I hope it could help you.
Best Regards
Sergio Ariza.

bibbthe3

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 11:43:35 PM »
Sergio:

You say "go to your ADMN console"  do you mean the (left click) the main window? 

I have unchecked the on access message thing but it DOES NOT work.  I still have 1/3 to 1/2 of the pantalla filled with messages that interfere with my life.  Avast! seems such a good service but I will have to change AV if I cannot stop the messages. 

Thanks

JB
Santa Cruz, Bolivia   

swami

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 07:14:29 AM »
Sergio:

You say "go to your ADMN console"  do you mean the (left click) the main window? 

I have unchecked the on access message thing but it DOES NOT work.  I still have 1/3 to 1/2 of the pantalla filled with messages that interfere with my life.  Avast! seems such a good service but I will have to change AV if I cannot stop the messages. 

Thanks

JB
Santa Cruz, Bolivia   

Yes, I have also unchecked the on access message and tried some other option. I think there is no such option to disable that bottom line messages (when virus found).

If silent mode is un-ticked then the Popup window will display and ask the user for some action.
If silent mode is ticked the avast will do specified action and display the "bottom line messages".

But I am still using avast! for good detection of viruses and features , I am compromising with this message....

ARM987

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 12:18:04 AM »
Sergio:

Thanks

JB
Santa Cruz, Bolivia   

euma_eimi

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 08:52:50 AM »
Swami; go to your ADMN console, on the Folders structure, select On-access scanning tasks, right click your Resident Task (could be the default, I don't know), select Properties, on the providers section look for Standard Shield, select Advanced, there will be the options you need, I'm going to paste the help text about this section, it could help you to decide what do you want to do, keep in mind that you could need to do this on the other providers.

Best Regards
Sergio Ariza.

"Silent" mode. It is useful mainly for server operating systems. This option ensures that the resident protection will not require any user interaction and will not display any windows. For this reason, it is not recommended to set "choose action" on the Virus page in silent mode, because the interactive action choice requires user interaction of course. It is better to preset some particular action, such as deleting the file or moving it to Chest.
With answer Yes (OK). All avast! questions that would be displayed on the screen under common circumstances, will be replied Yes. If the selected action is choose action after all, pressing the OK button will be simulated.
With answer No (Cancel). All avast! questions that would be displayed on the screen under common circumstances, will be replied No. If the selected action is choose action after all, pressing the Delete button will be simulated (i.e. the infected file will be deleted).

This information is useful thank you so much sir..... I'm Malou from Philippines, but I have one question
does silent mode wont affect virus scanning such as disabling the process, what is with the With answer "Yes" or "NO" is for. What is advisable to choose?