Author Topic: 2 problems after latest update  (Read 11190 times)

S.Z.Craftec

2 problems after latest update
« on: April 24, 2004, 12:57:37 AM »
1. When I hover over buttons, I can't see those button explanation "clouds" any more... why ?

2. avast! Sound scheme is not disabled in avast! settings, and I still can't hear that sound when I just pass over button. I can hear sound when I hit the button, though, but not when I just fly over the button...

Greetings !

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re:2 problems after latest update
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 01:38:46 AM »
When I hover over buttons, I can't see those button explanation "clouds" any more... why ?
same problem here  :'(
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 01:42:14 AM »
Good I thought I'm alone in this one... HELP ALWIL !!!  ;D

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2004, 01:44:47 AM »
mabye I should add that this is useing G5 skin
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2004, 02:05:15 AM »
Maybe I should add that this is happening on all skins... no matter what skin is active, still no sound. Everyone knows that everything was ok with skins, it's just now not working...

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2004, 02:07:29 AM »
yes sasha confirmed I tried some more of your skins and sove of martin's skins it happens on all of them  :'(

CharleyO

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2004, 03:48:29 AM »

Sorry to find that you two are having a sound problem.    :(  

I am not having this problem after the update. I get sound when hovering over the buttons as well as anywhere else over the LCARS skin where I did before.    :)  

Hope the problem is solved soon!  

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2004, 04:01:45 AM »
That's the biggest problem... All those sound in LCARS skin are working fine here also... and that's only 'cause I integrated those sounds into skin. You can not erase those sounds or replace them with some different sounds by your choice... those are inside the skin and only those are working fine at this point...

Another error I found... no matter if we disable avast sounds or enable avast sounds, you can always hear internal LCARS sounds when you use that skin. That's not the way it suppose to be. So, it looks like error is 100% somewhere in latest avats! program update. If you disable avast original sounds from avast settings, you shouldn't hear LCARS sounds at all... that's the way I made that skin to work like that. It was fine before latest update, but now something is really wrong...

I just hope Vlk will see this thread...

Cheers!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2004, 04:03:47 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

CharleyO

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2004, 04:05:40 AM »

Sorry Craftec ... I misunderstood and I forgot the LCARS skin had the sounds included.    :(    :)  

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2004, 04:07:40 AM »
No problems at all...

I just informed Vlk (sent him PM) about this issue... we just have to wait for his response.

Regards !

P.S. CharleyO - if you need avatar for this forum, just let me know... also let me know what do you prefer as your picture in avatar...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2004, 04:08:36 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2004, 04:19:20 PM »
Anyone from Alwil knows anything about this issue, please ?

Thanks in advance !

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2004, 06:59:15 PM »
So if you open the Control Panel -> Sounds and Multimedia Devices -> Sounds, what does it say to the sounds in the avast category? Can they be found? If not, where do they point to?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2004, 12:25:34 AM »
They are all inside where they should be, pointing to my custom made sounds like it was before. I mean, that's basic stuff Vlk... I never touched anything, but after last update I've noticed that I can't hear some sounds... and also, no matter you disable or enable avast! sounds, you can still hear those internat LCARS sounds in LCARS skin. Before, it was like this - If I disable avast! sounds I was able to hear LCARS sound effects, and if I enable avast! internat sounds, I was unable to hear LCARS sounds in LCARS skin... that's the way it suppose to work and it was working OK just before latest program update...

Here is attachment...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2004, 12:25:59 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2004, 01:37:59 AM »
They are all inside where they should be, pointing to my custom made sounds like it was before.
same here. and same as sasha I didn't touch anything.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2004, 04:12:06 AM »
For me, any skin make a sound when I pass the mouse over a button...
Unfortunatelly, I disable the sound of 'virus updates' action and I cannot tell anything.  :-\
The best things in life are free.