Author Topic: general info  (Read 1894 times)

anupupadhye

general info
« on: November 28, 2008, 04:05:58 PM »
i have installed avast home 4.8 in my pc... do i hav to download anything  else like security updated on  the site manually? i have downloaded the updates by cliking on updates button in the avast window...
thanx

sded

Re: general info
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 04:12:41 PM »
Right click on the avast! globe and select "Program settings".  You will find "Updates" tabs for how updates are done and what kind of connection you use.  Most users with "always on" type connections seem to prefer the Virus Database updates automatic, since they occur very transparently in the background, and to get notified about the program updates, since they require a reboot and are often deferred to a more convenient time.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: general info
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 04:48:51 PM »
avast checks for updates to the VPS (virus signatures) automatically when you first connect to the internet and every 4 hours if you remain connected, so you shouldn't have to do anything.

Program updates are a little different they automatically check to if one is available and if so it will Ask if you want to download it now. This is because it is larger than the signature updates and you might otherwise be busy, in which case you can ignore it and continue working and do a manual update later as sded explained.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security