Author Topic: Not much satisfied...  (Read 8467 times)

crazy72

Not much satisfied...
« on: April 22, 2004, 02:12:05 PM »
winxp

:-[ I've just buyed bart cd to clean my pc from a damn virus called parite.a. It infects many files, fill the HD and ataach itself to explorer service, and many other windows services and files.
Every online antivirus remove this virus easily, from panda to norton or housecall.
The problem is to clean explorer.exe files and others, so i've bujed bart cd for this work. To clean from bootable cd these files..
299$ is a big price for an antivirus, but not problem for this...
The problem is that avast antivirus can't permit to disinfect files from this virus.It only permits to delete files, BUT I CAN'T DELETE them, because they are needed by windows.
So what can i do to solve this prob ? If i can't solve this prob , bart cd is not useful to my problem, can i ask back my money ?

thanks
Chris

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Not much satisfied...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 03:08:24 PM »
I think we can relieve you from Parite as well... Igor, could you please handle this? Thx.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 04:23:05 PM »
I can send you a small disinfection tool, if you wish (nothing spectacular, just a simple command-line tool to fix the files).

crazy72

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 07:13:07 PM »
Ok, but try to understand me.
Can i spend 299$ for a bart cd that is not able to clean a old worm like parite ? (and many others can't be cleaned) while others antivirus do it with a click ?
Ok bart cd is not only avast antivirus, but the antivirus is one of most important thing of this tool.
In Italy we have 7 days to evalute the product. Surely bart cd at this moment is not so good as disinfection tool.
I would like to know the way to have my money back.

Thanks
Chris

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2004, 01:08:17 PM »
Use Igors tool and rid yourself of the worm.  As for the trial at the bottom of this page http://www.avast.com/i_idt_154.html it gives you instruction on how to get a trial version.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay