Author Topic: Be honest, please: The antispyware and antirootkit avast! are good enough?  (Read 6128 times)

iris_9018

Or is it necessary and another anti-spyware and antirootkit program to share?

Be honest, please

ardvark

Be honest, please

Hi...

I do think specific antispyware and adware software is beneficial as AV programs are designed more to handle the virus, trojan and worm, etc., end of it. :)

Best Regards...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Why would we be anything other than honest.

You only have to look at many posts in the forums (and my signature) to show we promote the use of anti-spyware applications to improve overall protection.

This is a multi-application approach to security, provided those applications are compatible, this is the way to go a a single application no matter which one is unlikely to provide 100% protection.

The avast anti-rootkit scan is a step in the right direction and is the anti-rootkit engine is based on a very good anti-rootkit that Alwil bought out.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

antonpaco

keep avast as antivirus, installa a good firewall, installa malwarebytes as antispyware and your pc will be ok.

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
Learn how to avoid viruses and you'll be safe; go online without this knowledge and nothing will protect you.
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Use a good (protected) browser.
Do not login XP as the administrator.
Surf safely.

And for on demand scannings, SuperAntispyware and MBAM will help you.
The best things in life are free.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Well i trust avast! completelly as all around malware protection.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Avastmeharty

Use a good (protected) browser. opera 9 ?

Firefox 3 is a little bit more secure, in my opinion. I use NoScript, SiteAdvisor and Adblock Plus extensions, have Comodo Firewall Pro installed (w/o AV, I heard it's bad) with Defense+ (optional but I like it), and Avast. I rarely download anything, either, without thoroughly examining its security. Running on XP SP3, latest updates.

AVAST DEFINITELY ROCKS, though.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 07:28:10 PM by Avastmeharty »

donoscar

I think only one general-purpose, freeware security app like avast! is good enough. But it is vital to keep image backups of the system partition, because sooner or later some malware will hit. Better to restore a clean image in 10 minutes than to waste hours trying to "clean" the system, and not having any assurance of success.   

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Unfortunately there are very few people that know of the benefits of drive imaging software much less use it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Unfortunately there are very few people that know of the benefits of drive imaging software much less use it.
Among them we are ;)
Good ones: Disk Director from Acronis, also Acronis True Image, Paragon Drive Backup.
The best things in life are free.

dallas7

Among them we are ;)
Good ones: Disk Director from Acronis, also Acronis True Image, Paragon Drive Backup.
As some one once said: "Much to learn, still have you, young Jedi."  ;D

I find Terabyte imaging software to be the Best There Is.
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/index.htm

Not only are avast! users honest beyond reproach, they posses above average intelligence and superior intellect; the men are devilishly handsome and the women stunningly attractive.

See my signature for my additional security software.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 09:15:54 PM by dallas7 »

Styx

Be honest, please

Trust but Verify. There are too many malcontents out there creating doom for your PC to believe just
one program can stop them all. I use Avast as Anti-Virus and also have several on demand SpyWare
programs on call. See tagline at bottom of this message.

For the absolute best protection possible :

RegRun Platinum : (I have been a happy RegRun users for years)

http://www.greatis.com/security/
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 09:13:50 PM by Styx »