Author Topic: AshWebSv.exe clogging my laptop during startup.  (Read 4501 times)

MorpheusX

AshWebSv.exe clogging my laptop during startup.
« on: December 01, 2008, 04:05:52 AM »
Hi, I'm using an old Fujitsu Laptop Pentium4 with 256 Mb memory. In the past two month I got a problem with AshWebSv.exe during WindowsXP startup. There are at least 4-10 AshWevSv.exe process running in the background at the same time which greatly slows down my laptop, I wonder if this is normal.

Here's the screen shot of it:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Drodius/AshWebSv.jpg

rassel

Re: AshWebSv.exe clogging my laptop during startup.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 05:28:08 AM »
I get this problem too but I solved it. Have you update to the latest version of avast ( 4.8.1296 )?

MorpheusX

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 07:01:58 AM »
Updated to the latest version, and now instead of getting 4-10 AshWebSv.exe in background, I got at least 13 of them.  >:( slowing my laptop even further, what the hell is going on? Should I perform a clean e-install?

rassel

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 10:10:38 AM »
Well no other choices to me you can try uninstall and reinstall.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 11:38:46 AM »
Do you use any firewall, HIPS, or other kind of security tools?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 05:19:23 PM »
Updated to the latest version, and now instead of getting 4-10 AshWebSv.exe in background, I got at least 13 of them.  >:( slowing my laptop even further, what the hell is going on? Should I perform a clean e-install?

I would say a clean reinstall is a good starting point, though I don't know if Igor's question might be leading in a different direction. e.g. trying to find the cause of the multiple occurrences of ashWebSv.exe rather than treating what is a symptom of the problem.

Download the latest version of avast http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again. Use that when you reinstall.

Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, find it here and save it to your HDD.
1. Now uninstall (using add remove programs, if you can't do that start from the next step), reboot.
2. run the avast! Uninstall Utility, reboot.  If step 1 failed it may be necessary to run this from safe mode, once complete reboot into normal mode.
3. install the latest version, reboot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security