Author Topic: Legitimate email content being blocked on specific email in Outlook  (Read 2039 times)

wolfman6

I am a new user of Avast!  My emails were downloading and a warning came up about a specific email.  I recognized the sender, and it is a legitimate message that I wished to receive.  It contains HTML content and I believe it may have some links to a website to purchase dvd's.  I clicked "continue" on the Avast! warning message.  Now I am unable to view the content of this email message.  The message is there in my inbox, Avast! has inserted the note that it is virus free, but there is no information in the message other than a headline at the top of the message.  All content is gone or blocked.

How can I unblock this?  I can't seem to find anything in the program to acknowledge this or unblock the content.

I am using home version 4.8 build 4.8.1296 which was updated today (December 1).  My email client is MS Outlook 2007.  The computer's OS is Windows XP SP3.  If you require more information, please advise.

Thanks for your help!

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
Re: Legitimate email content being blocked on specific email in Outlook
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 11:53:25 AM »
Almost every email service now provides the ability to log on and view emails via a Web interface.

Can you try to use this interface to your mail service and confirm (if the mail is still on the server) that it did indeed have other content on the server that appears to be missing in Outlook.  avast has no way of deleting content on the server so if it is not there it never existed.  If there is content on the server that you cannot see in Outlook then it is also possible that this is content that is (quite deliberately) blocked by Outlook.

If you are able to provide us more specific details about the message that appeared from avast during the scanning of the messages then it will help us help you further.

Can you also please advise whether you are using the avast plugin for Outlook (do you see the avast Outlook splash screen when you start Outlook)?