Author Topic: Avast 5  (Read 5916 times)

a.mutu10

Avast 5
« on: December 05, 2008, 04:01:12 PM »
2008 is going to end... and according to forum posts, Avast 5 will not see light in this year but in 2009.

Could we have some preliminary infos and maybe screenshots as christmas gift???  ;D

MagicAndry

Re: Avast 5
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 04:59:55 PM »
LOL! That's a good idea  ;D

I cant wait :D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 05:22:07 PM »
I think this *info* is still restricted here. They have *published* some screenshots, very early screenshots, in a restricted forum. I don't think they want to open to a wide discussion in the actual stage of development. It's not even an alpha version...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 06:19:00 PM by Tech »
The best things in life are free.

a.mutu10

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 06:06:58 PM »
i don't know.. i just asked... plus i remember that in august (or about this month) Vlk said he was gonna put some screenshot... so after months i wanted to refresh this idea... ;D

plus during end of year other companies relase their new products so i hoped to have a preview of antivirus/suite that i will use (avast 5)  ;)

Offline Justin_22

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • Free your soul and let it fly
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 08:13:41 PM »
a.mutu10 as Tech said they have published some screenshots but they are indeed in a restricted forum and I am sure they will post screenshots in unrestricted forums when they are ready If they wish to or not.

-Justin

EDIT-

plus during end of year other companies relase their new products so i hoped to have a preview of antivirus/suite that i will use (avast 5)  Wink

If you are referring to IS products like Norton 2008-09 or Bitdefender ect. Remember Avast! is a for home product as is completely free so Alwil doesn't really stay on the course of releasing new products under yearly brands.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 08:17:03 PM by Justin_xp »
Avast!  2014 beta - Sandboxie - K9 Web Protection

a.mutu10

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 12:52:11 AM »
Maybe someone got wrong my words... i didn't said what Avast team must do... and what they mustn't..

Here we're in a forum.. and we talk about Avast.. and i just did that...

I'm not gonna change my mind in bad ways if they will not relase screenshots and infos... i just made a question.. that's all...  :)

Said that i am one of the forum posters that is waiting for screenshot... but that is because we support Avast.  ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 12:53:49 AM »
We know that... we're talking also... just trying to give you some *reasons* for Alwil behavior...
The best things in life are free.