Author Topic: Mozilla Firefox and Script Blocker  (Read 4799 times)

cjtc

Mozilla Firefox and Script Blocker
« on: April 22, 2004, 11:27:56 PM »
One of the main reasons I would pay for the "pro" version of Avast! is to take advantage of the Script Blocker. It is reputed to run with the Mozilla browser, and I do have the appropriate radio button checked in the Script Blocker setup.

However, I actually run Mozilla FIREFOX, not plain Mozilla, and I'm not convinced that Script Blocker is protecting this ... there's no splash screen when I start Firefox up (even though splashscreen is also enabled in the SB setup).

Does the Avast! Script Blocker support Mozilla Firefox? If not, then there's really only the scheduled scans that'd make the difference between Pro and Home.

shgoh

Re:Mozilla Firefox and Script Blocker
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 12:03:38 AM »
if i remember correctly...you are right.....the script blocker does not support firefox...

however please wait for a confirm answer from the alwil people... :)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 12:04:04 AM by shgoh »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Mozilla Firefox and Script Blocker
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 08:50:51 AM »
Yes, this is true. Firefox is not supported, mainly because of technical difficulties. FireFox (just like Opera) would be very difficult to "hack"... :-\

BTW about the differences between home and pro, it's definitely not only the scheduled scans. First, the PUSH updates. Then, the Enhanced User Interface -- this is much more important than you may realize because it lets you do many things that are inaccessible via the Simple UI, such as setting of automatic actions for the on-access scanners (mail shields etc), customization of archive scanning (both on-access and on-demand), and fine-tuning all scanning parameters. Also, please keep in mind that the Home version is for home, non-commercial use only - meaning that in all other cases, avast Pro is the only alternative (if you opt to use avast, of couse.. :))

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.