Author Topic: Scan results closing the instant they're done.  (Read 2464 times)

bizzybody

Scan results closing the instant they're done.
« on: December 06, 2008, 08:45:10 AM »
I can't tell if Avast Home finds anything, whether on a single file or a whole drive, because the results window closes the instant the scan finishes.

I just did a complete scan of my C: drive, got no warning alarms. Soon as it finished, the scan window closed.

System is Vista Ultimate SP1.

CharleyO

Re: Scan results closing the instant they're done.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 08:48:20 AM »

Welcome to the forums, bizzybody.   :)

If you got no warnings, then everything is most likely ok.

bizzybody

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 09:56:35 AM »
But *something* has suddenly changed. This wasn't happening just the day before.

I've done a full scan with Spybot and found nothing unusual with Autoruns or HijackThis.

I wonder if it'd be safe to connect a drive from a Vista system to an XP system to scan with Avast? Possible NTFS version incompatibly?

I've had to pull drives from PCs before to remove viri and malware that was stealthed so well it was impossible to remove from the infected system while it was running. Haven't tried that with a Vista boot volume yet.

Wouldn't be a big deal if it zorched it. I had to wipe this laptop a couple weeks ago due to operator error ::) in running an unknown little app without scanning it first. An "appropriate reaction" :o >:( was had when the program deleted itself and TeaTimer started going crazy with dozens of attempted Registry changes. (Which is why I always partition the drive on boxen with one drive, gives a place to quickly move anything from C: that needs saved.)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 05:22:10 PM »
Possible NTFS version incompatibly?
I don't think so.
The best things in life are free.