Author Topic: odd uninstall issue  (Read 2456 times)

pturner67

odd uninstall issue
« on: April 23, 2004, 12:56:41 PM »
running windows 98se....installed Home version of avast....uninstalled it....went to my computer, control panel, sounds....avast is still listed in the sounds scheme....how do I get rid of that?

before you make suggestions, I have already run the avast removal tool...I ran regcleaner as well to get rid of registry entries

thanks for your help

TheNut

Re:odd uninstall issue
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 05:19:45 PM »
Yes...Actually, I would like to know the answer to that question too.
I noticed the same thing when I uninstalled the program for a repair.

I imagine it takes some digging deep into the registry somewhere.....Although, like pturner67 , I thought I had cleaned out everything related to the Program at the time.  ???

(Edit) BTW pturner67, you will also find the avast Screensaver entry is still in your Screensaver options too. That's an easy one though....just do a search for avast .scr, find the file and delete it.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 05:25:48 PM by The Nut »

TheNut

Re:odd uninstall issue
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 03:24:28 PM »
Sorry, just bumping this thread up to the top again in hopes that someone has an answer to this mystery.

And if I'm reading this right, the avast "sound options" are there but not the original avast sounds.
IE, you could however "assign" Windows sounds to them, not that it would be of any use.
So this is a question of getting rid of the original avast entries themselves- (As far as I know, the avast .wav files are gone).
 Maybe not? I never looked.

At least, they don't show up as sounds that can be associated to an event any more.

Thanks for any ideas. I mean, I still use avast.....I just hate mysteries.  :D