Author Topic: OpenOffice?  (Read 9993 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: OpenOffice?
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2008, 02:55:51 PM »
You still have to have something to connect too and with a dial-up account that isn't going to happen as far as I'm aware there is no such thing ad a wifi dial-up modem :P

Nor would the expense of the antenna, much less getting planning permission for one with UK jobsworths in local planning offices.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

TheSpirit

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2008, 03:07:26 PM »
You still have to have something to connect too and with a dial-up account that isn't going to happen as far as I'm aware there is no such thing ad a wifi dial-up modem

Scanning the horizon, you would probably be able to connect to something like the hotspot in your local pub. Just joking, of course.  ;)

cod head

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 11:59:56 AM »
I had open office .org a while back and was not keen.However I recently downloaded the latest version,3 I think it is and it has improved quite a bit so will keep it now.Its quite a big download.I think it was 120mb if I remember right.But it did not take long on broadband.I got it from file Hippo. ;D.

Offline Justin_22

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • Free your soul and let it fly
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2008, 10:18:55 PM »
I like OpenOffice Its great for people who dont want to spend the money to pay for Microsoft office, I use OpenOffice on two of my three USB drives one with PortableApps and another with U3 its quite useful for document making on the go  :)

-Justin
Avast!  2014 beta - Sandboxie - K9 Web Protection