Author Topic: Everytime I start up Windows XP, Avast asks to restart my computer, why?  (Read 12403 times)

Beryle

Re: Everytime I start up Windows XP, Avast asks to restart my computer, why?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2008, 04:46:47 AM »
I have now done what you suggested but it forced me to do a repair of my Windows XP.  I'm sorry if there are errors in what I'm posting here, but all I am getting are black boxes everywhere on my monitor.  Looks like I have to reformat yet again.  Thanks for nothing, guys!!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 12:15:14 PM »
Beryle, isn't it a problem with monitor/video drivers? Are you able to discover which are they and if they are updated? Are you going to Windows Update and taking all XP updates?
The best things in life are free.

Beryle

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 10:48:05 PM »
I had all the latest drivers and updates for my computer.  If you had noticed, I had said that I had put Windows XP SP3 on my pc.  When I did what you suggested, I was prompted to put in my disc for Windows XP Home Edition (which, btw I didn't have the disc for SP3).  I put the disc in anyway thinking this wouldn't cause a problem but it did (and it was major).  All the boxes ended up black and I couldn't do a thing so I reformatted.

alfainfo

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 06:46:31 PM »
To run the command sfc /scannow is necessary have the Cd of Windows + the last Service Pack integrated...
If you don't have this you can create with splipstream procedure.