Author Topic: Scanner Message  (Read 2471 times)

tenspeed2

Scanner Message
« on: December 10, 2008, 04:43:45 PM »
Good morning guys  When the ball with the a starts moving there is a small screen that comes up with the heading SCANNER MESSAGE.
showing what the scanner is doing. Can I get rid of the scanner message screen??
Thanks
Max

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Scanner Message
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 07:26:08 PM »
The easiest way would have been not to start it ;D

Standard Shield > Customize > Advanced - 'Show detailed info on performed actions' this option is off by default, so it would appear you have been tweaking avast without knowing the effect it will have. This function is also on the Web Shield and Internet Mail providers so you should also check those.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

tenspeed2

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 03:41:58 PM »
Thanks your directions were on the money. Yes I was
playing around with the program. The only thing that
bothered me was the first time I ran the program I started
working on something else when all of a sudden a voice came
on saying YOU HAVE A VIRUS. My volume was up at the time.
I put the problem in the chest for the now until I make sure it
is a virus or a false positive. Thanks for your help
Max

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 04:45:48 PM »
You're welcome, gets you attention doesn't it ;D

You can check the offending/suspect file at: VirusTotal - Multi engine on-line virus scanner and report the findings here the URL in the Address bar of the VT results page. You can't do this with the file securely in the chest, you need to extract it to a temporary (not original) location first, see below.
Create a folder called Suspect in the C:\ drive, e.g. C:\Suspect. Now exclude that folder in the Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced, Add, type (or copy and paste) C:\Suspect\* That will stop the standard shield scanning any file you put in that folder. You should now be able to export any file in the chest to this folder and upload it to VirusTotal without avast alerting.

Welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security