Author Topic: Receiving error message; need assistance in re.  (Read 4248 times)

mij

Receiving error message; need assistance in re.
« on: May 30, 2003, 05:32:46 PM »
Hi all...

I hope that someone can be of assistance here.   I get the following error message on my computer screen since using AVAST! and since having had to switch back from AOL to Outlook as my preferred provider: MSVCP60.DLL file is linked to missing export MSVCRT.DLL:_/c_collate_cp.  

Can anyone tell me what I need to do in re. please?   I was referred here after sending a request for help from an AVAST! techie... ??? Thanks!

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Receiving error message; need assistance in re.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2003, 05:37:23 PM »
This can't be avast, or at least avast 4.

avast was compiled using MS Visual Studio.NET, that is, for the case of avast, these files would be called msvcr70.dll and msvcp70.dll...

Sorry - it must've been something else (or avast32 3.0)

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline Roman Svihalek

• Avast team
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Receiving error message; need assistance in re.
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2003, 08:23:52 PM »
Because avast! uses shared components on some computers it really loads mentioned library. It is used through ODBC components or MS Jet driver for it.

I have sent to you two e-mails as replies with information that problem is caused by ODBC layer or MS Jet driver. I have mentioned this forum as source of more detailed info with URLs of patches to ODBC layer and MS Jet driver. To find out information you are looking for you should use "Search" button at the top of this page.
For info you are looking for see following thread:
http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=157

To find out how to switch avast! to use XML storage click "search" button and into edit control named "search for" type "XML". Search engine will find and display related threads. More and more info can be found this way...

In the e-mail you have sent to me you are telling you are using NAV together with avast! - this is a potential problem.