Author Topic: OprixPro Trojan  (Read 4582 times)

alec

OprixPro Trojan
« on: May 20, 2004, 06:59:38 AM »
Need some help .Ihave just run a free scan fm an Adware/Remove program and it found the OptrixPro trojan in Logitech\Imagesstudio\Editor.exe.  I ran a scan with avast and it didnt find the trojan...Do you think the adware program is telling fibbers..Any advice appreciated...alec

galooma

Re:OprixPro Trojan
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 08:38:04 AM »
What was the adware program that you used??

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 12:45:32 PM »
sounds like a false alarm try Spybot S&D to be sure

EDIT: Spelling error corrected
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 09:14:01 PM by MacLover2000 »
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

techie101

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 07:44:32 PM »
Alec,

Do you use a video camera on your system?

Logitech is a company that makes video camera, remote mouses and other infared stuff.  They have been known to insert adware in their software.

If you are using ADAWARE anti-spyware, then it is a good bet that the file needs to be removed, or at least quarantined until you see how it affects the system.

Avast might not catch this file since it is more "spyware" than a true virus infection.

Good luck
Techie

PS:  Mac's advice about getting Spybot Search and Destroy is good.  It is also a fine backup to ADAWARE.
Look into SpywareGuard and SpywareBlaster.  Guard runs resident with Blaster to prevent spyware installs, and remove those that try to activate.
Both can be obtained at www.wilders.org under Free Tools

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 08:13:57 PM »
No, sounds like a real false alarm. And Optix is not Spyware like Gator or new.net, it is really a nasty RAT. You could end the file to Adaware and test the file here: http://www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirus Report the result, even if it is reorted as packed.
MfG Ralf

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2004, 09:14:28 PM »
No, sounds like a real false alarm.
I thought so
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

alec

Re:OptrixPro Trojan
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2004, 09:12:49 AM »
I would like to thank you all for your advice on this Trojan...yes I do run a logitech camera and ran a scan with Spybot and found a spyware program and not the trojan(strange I thought) so i quanantined the little bugger and found my netmeting wasnt going so good afterwards,so had to let the little bugger out again..lolso now Im running Spybot,Spysweeper,Ad-aware 6.0 ,ZoneAlarm and not to for get Avast.Feel alot better now with this lot protecting me..so once again many thanks to you all..regards Alec :D