Other > General Topics

Can someone please check my HijackThis log file

<< < (2/4) > >>

.: Mac :.:

--- Quote ---O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install

--- End quote ---
Now im NO EXPERT at hijack this; however, I do not like there entries.
Raman, will you please tell me if they are good or bad.

CoJo:

--- Quote from: MacLover2000 on April 26, 2004, 02:38:26 AM ---
--- Quote ---O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize

--- End quote ---
Now im NO EXPERT at hijack this; however, I do not like there entries.
Raman, will you please tell me if they are good or bad.

--- End quote ---

Mac, of course I am no expert like Raman...but this is what I found about these two entries.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize

NvCpl
or
NvCplDaemon U rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll, NvStartup Intializes the clock and memory settings on nVidia based graphics cards. Enable if you overclock your card
NvCplDaemon N rundll32.exe NvQtwk.dll, NvCplDaemon System Tray icon used to change display settings, change the clock rate and memory speed for nVidia based graphics cards. This is unnecessary since you can easily configure these settings the way you want them in the Display Properties and not have to mess with them again. Also disable the "NVIDIA Driver Helper Service" if enabled as it can cause this entry to be re-enabled on re-boot (note that this service can also cause extreme shutdown delays if enabled - see here

NvInitialize N rundll32.exe NvQtwk.dll, NvXTInit Thought to enable the clock frequency option on nVidia control panels. You can overclock without leaving this enabled

nwiz N nwiz.exe Associated with the newer versions of nVidia graphics cards drivers.  Allows you to immensely improve desktop layouts by setting preferences and optimizations.  However, this isn't necessary for the operation of your system

the status for both is "not required-typically infrequently used tasks that can be started manually if necessary."

http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php?type=&filter=&count=100&offset=2500

HTH,

cojo
had to check 'cause I have the same things :)

Lisandro:
Cojo, I'm impressed how far my little girl went  ;)
I'll make my HijackThis log file and learn from yours... Thanks.

CoJo:

--- Quote from: Technical on April 26, 2004, 04:19:22 AM ---Cojo, I'm impressed how far my little girl went  ;)
I'll make my HijackThis log file and learn from yours... Thanks.

--- End quote ---

thank you, Technical...but I have the best teachers--and you are one of the very best :)

cojo

SpeedyPC:

--- Quote from: CoJo on April 26, 2004, 01:17:01 AM ---Hi SpeedyPC
the following link did much to help me understand my own hijack log...

http://computercops.biz/HijackThis.html
also, www.merijin.org has a grand over view and detailed explanations.

peace,

cojo

--- End quote ---

Thanks Cojo,

It going to get harder to understand this new homework, if I can get a bit of help to learn and understand the language

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version