Author Topic: Avast issue with game  (Read 2063 times)

Angelisnight

Avast issue with game
« on: December 17, 2008, 04:41:00 AM »
Ok, So it has been a while since i tried to play a PC game.  The game in question is Battlefield 2.  When avast is installed the game will no longer connect to the game servers in the multiplayer section. When I uninstall Avast, it not only loads the game faster, but it will load all of the servers without any problem. So Obviously Avast is the issue. Now. I like Avast, but i also like being able to use software I buy. As there does not appear to be any way to shut avast completely off yet (they REALLY need to implement that to solve software incompatibilities). Is there a setting somewhere in Avast that will allow Battlefield 2 and all of it's processes both network and software wise, from being untouched by avast? The same thing happens with AVG, but i do not much like AVG.. So i figured I would give Avast a chance and see if anyone can help solve the problem of it interfering with the software.

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
Re: Avast issue with game
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 05:46:31 AM »
Welcome to the forum.

I think that your frustration is understandable. Nevertheless, I have to wonder if you really want to wander off into the internet totally naked of all protection.

May I suggest some steps that may help us help you understand the problem?  It would help if you advised us of some further information too:

The version of avast you are using.
Your operating system.
Are you using a software firewall?
Did you recently install avast?  If, so were you using another antivirus product before avast?  If so, what was it and how did you remove it before installing avast?

As to some steps:

You have not mentioned the providers of avast you are using.  Can you please try terminating (not pausing) the following providers and seeing if, after each termination, it improves your ability to connect to the game.  I suggest the following order for termination.

Network shield
Webshield
Standard shield

I know that is a bit of a list but please let us know how you get on.

Please remember to restart the providers after you have completed your tests.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 05:48:10 AM by alanrf »