Author Topic: avast! Interface does not start  (Read 6498 times)

Octanion

avast! Interface does not start
« on: December 17, 2008, 11:50:30 AM »
I have a problem starting up the avast! Antivirus interface from which I can choose to scan my PC. The On-Access Protection works fine. When I right click on the blue a icon and choose 'Start avast! Antivirus', a window appears and does a scan of the system memory. But after that is done, the window disappears and the interface does not load. ???

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
Re: avast! Interface does not start
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 01:57:19 PM »
I have a problem starting up the avast! Antivirus interface from which I can choose to scan my PC. The On-Access Protection works fine. When I right click on the blue a icon and choose 'Start avast! Antivirus', a window appears and does a scan of the system memory. But after that is done, the window disappears and the interface does not load. ???

Welcome to the forum!

Did you have any other AntiVirus program installed before avast? If yes, how was the AV uninstalled?

Do you have the latest version of avast installed? (4.8.1296)
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 02:21:36 PM »
Please try this.

Also, can you post a list of running processes on your machine (e.g. from the Task Manager)? Thanks.

Octanion

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 06:26:57 PM »
Ah yes, that link proved to be very helpful. That line provided by DavidR worked like a charm, even though I'm not using Kerio.

Thanks Bluesman and igor, but I was wondering, what does that line SunbeltKPFHack=2 do?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 07:15:09 PM »
There's probably a similar problem with some other program... that's why I was asking if you could post e.g. a screenshot of the Task Manager window (the second tab, I mean), with all process names visible. ;)