Author Topic: iNews  (Read 2979 times)

Hally

iNews
« on: February 28, 2009, 03:54:04 PM »
Hi  :)

I was wondering if someone could please help me with a couple of questions regarding - iNews

Note!
I have only been using Avast for a couple of weeks.
So Until Today... I had never even heard of iNews  :-[

I booted up my laptop about half an hour ago.
Pretty much as soon as my laptop was on... This Orange Box Popped Up - iNews  :o
To Be Honest!
I am a bit of a panicker  :-[
So when I saw the Orange iNews Box ... I Just Froze! 
By the time I had decided.. " Yes! I'll Click It! " ... It Vanished Again!

So My Questions Are...

1*
* Would iNews have just been about general Avast News? ( eg. How many people now use Avast )
* Important Avast New.. I definitely need to know? ( e.g. Avast Home v5 Available )
* Important information about my own computer? ( e.g. One of your Providers has stopped working )

2*
* Now that my little Orange iNews Box has disappeared... Is it too late to find out what the News was?
OR...
* Is there some other way that I can find the iNews that Avast wanted me to see?

Thanks In Advance!  ;)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 03:58:09 PM by Hally »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: iNews
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 03:57:53 PM »
I won't worry anything with iNews... it's a feature that avast will drop on version 5 or need deep improvements...
Some users never saw the orante iNews window (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=42806.msg359562#msg359562).
The best things in life are free.

Hally

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 04:07:45 PM »

Thanks Tech  :)

With the iNews pop up happening so soon after Boot Up
And there was No Sound with the orange iNews pop up ... Like there usually is with the blue Update pop ups.

It caught me off guard  :o

At least I wasn't the only person that missed it  ;D

Thanks Again!   ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 04:09:26 PM »
Like there usually is with the blue Update pop ups.
Hmmm... you're making me think that I did not see it as I do not see any panel when avast updates... I have disabled them...

Hally

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 04:18:08 PM »

Hi Tech  :)

Like there usually is with the blue Update pop ups.
Hmmm... you're making me think that I did not see it as I do not see any panel when avast updates... I have disabled them...

The voice and blue pop up box ... Is one of the things that I really love about Avast  8)

I like the fact that it tells me when it's updated  :D
I don't have to keep opening it up.. To see when my last update was  ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 04:28:09 PM »
The voice and blue pop up box ... Is one of the things that I really love about Avast  8)
I'd like silent and reliable updates ;)

kimbered

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 12:39:20 AM »
Hi,

I think this is related to the iNews questions.  I received a message/notice last night -- it was either an orange pop-up or a green one.
When I clicked it it opened up a small window with a list of messages (2 actually).  Which were recent - they were offers for a discount on avast! Pro edition, to celebrate their 75 millionth custmor.

Okay -  the REAL Question -- in Home Edition how do I get back to that box again?  Now that it is gone, is it gone for good?
I can't find a 'Simple User Interface' window mentioned in their help file.

Thanks.

Kim

kimbered

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 12:47:06 AM »
Okay, found it myself.  For some reason the simple menu isn't in my list of avast tools, but found the program under the Program Files (either ashSimp2.exe or ashSimpl.exe will work).

Then from the dropdown menu you can access iNews & yes, they are up to date.   I have to one from 2/22/2009 and the other 2/27/2009.

Thanks.