Author Topic: The provider is waiting for a subsystem to start...  (Read 3943 times)

ToddU

The provider is waiting for a subsystem to start...
« on: January 04, 2009, 05:55:35 PM »
Hello.

I'm running Avast Server for Small Business (4.8.1059) and I have the above message on Outlook/Exchange.  It's not scanning any emails (at least that I can tell), it's not inserting a note saying the emails are clean, nothing.

Also, the avast! Mail Scanner service is set to manual and I get an Access is Denied message whenever I try to set it Automatic.

This was working fine prior to the December update that messed things up for a lot of people.  The new build fixed that problem, but created this one.

One final thing:  The Internet Mail provider is not running.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

ToddU

Re: The provider is waiting for a subsystem to start...
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 06:39:33 PM »
Nevermind.  Somehow when it updated back in December it didn't install the Exchange 2000/2003, or the MS SMTP 2000/2003 providers and defaulted to the other ones.  I've downloaded the server version and it seems to be running fine now.  Question, though:  Is it overkill to enable both the Exchange and MS SMTP?  I'm currently just running the Exchange one.

Thank you.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: The provider is waiting for a subsystem to start...
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 11:46:03 PM »
It's definitely not an overkill. In fact, I'd recommend running both of them. They were designed to run in symbiosis. :)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.