Author Topic: Alert to install ZoneAlarm 8.0.65.0  (Read 2697 times)

Tallin

Alert to install ZoneAlarm 8.0.65.0
« on: December 19, 2008, 03:30:28 AM »
Today, I received the thread title details to install.
I checked in my Systems Tray by right clicking on my current ZoneAlarm installation 7.0.483.000 and sure enough on opening it stated that an update was available.

I downloaded and ran the new version, only to be told:
"Could not load DLL library".
C:\DOCUM~1\user\locals~1\temp\121508190207 vsutll.dll configuration is incorrect, re-installing the application may fix this problem OK. This system must be restarted to complete the installation, click OK button to restart this computer. Press cancel to return to Windows." I did all that to no avail.

I rebooted, download again all 26.4MB to my desktop this time and tried again with the same message showing when trying to install.

Would anyone know why suddenly I am alerted to this update, but my PC shows the above error in the configuration. I have not yet booted up my Laptop running Windows XPSP3 as this PC is to see if the same thing happens.

I have had ZoneAlarm for some time on both computers with not a moments trouble on either. I googled for an answer, but none was available to date. Both installed SP3 at least 6 months ago, so it is not a new installation of service pack that is causing this in my opinion.

Between trying to install from run, then from the Desktop, I ran ATF-Cleaner.exe to clear all temp files.

I would appreciate any help.

Edit:I booted up the Laptop after shutting down the PC for the night, no update alert for it, so cannot compare the two computers, although they are running the same OS and version of ZoneAlarm. I am thinking that maybe I need to uninstall the current version on the PC before attempting to install the new version sitting on the PC desktop?

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
Re: Alert to install ZoneAlarm 8.0.65.0
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 04:52:36 AM »
May I assume that you are asking this question in the avast forum since you suspect avast may be involved in your problem?

Alerting you to the update is a function of ZoneAlarm and has nothing to do with avast.

As part of another thread a week ago I installed Zone Alarm 8.0.065 on my Win XP Pro SP3 system (along with the current release of avast 4.8 build 1296) without any errors occurring.

What is your operating system? Which version of avast are using?   

Tallin

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 04:19:17 AM »
No, sorry you cannot assume that, I posted in the wrong forum and for that I am embarrassed......

To reply to your questions, my Avast ver:Build December 2008 (4.8.1296) on all systems.

All my OS are Windows XP/SP3

Sorry to have bothered you, things are still the same with ZoneAlarm as I posted.

Best regards,

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 07:06:30 AM »
Tallin,

you are so far from being the first to make a mistake in posting (I speak from personal experience) ... feel no embarrassment.

If there is any way that we can help with the issue please let us know.

Tallin

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 09:09:21 PM »
Thanks for your understanding....still a bit shocked I did that.

No email notifications either from Avast forum, just came back both times to find your post in reply.

I posted on the correct ZoneAlarm Forum and received an answer instantly so I am now on the track to the finish line I hope....  Just for your interest, if you need the link.  You never know someone out there maybe as silly as me. ??? 
http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/board/message?board.id=access&message.id=36515

Have a great Festive Season,

Best regards,