Author Topic: win32:parite-B [dll]  (Read 9657 times)

johnboy37

win32:parite-B [dll]
« on: May 30, 2003, 07:51:50 PM »
I have run your avast! 4 product from boot up and found several files that have the win32:parite-B[DLL] or the Win 32:parite viruses. When I try to repair the files I get error 42060. Please advise and help me correct these files. I tried to delete them all and then my computer ran incorrectly and I had to restart my computer from a restore point prior to downloading your program. Virus cleaner does not work either. ???

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:win32:parite-B [dll]
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2003, 08:01:10 PM »
Too bad it's Friday evening here, but I'll try to pursue Igor to contact you asap. He has created some Parite cleaner tool that could be of some use to you... ;)

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

johnboy37

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2003, 08:05:15 PM »
You are the best. Thanks. Don't worry about replying until your work week starts. I have turned off the program and won't download anything from the internet until I get this fix. :-*

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2003, 01:46:34 PM »
Well, yes, I've written a parite-removal tool for one of our customers.
However, the code was not yet incorporated into the Virus Cleaner (it will need some structural changes). Since I can see a number of requests, I'll try to do it as soon as possible.

For now, I can send you the simple (parite only) removal tool; however, you'll have to wait till Monday - I don't have it here with me :(

johnboy37

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2003, 06:43:36 PM »
Thanks, Dude! ;D

johnboy37

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2003, 12:45:32 AM »
Igor, I sent you my E-mail address by E-mail. Thanks for the reply.