Author Topic: Setting avast password and change virus update to manual mode  (Read 3013 times)

carlos.bracho

Setting avast password and change virus update to manual mode
« on: December 19, 2008, 04:10:16 PM »
Hello Avast users.... I have a couple of question to ask.
I have been using Avast for more than 3 years... and I work for a MSP which provides IT support to several companies, almost all of them use Avast as we recommended. In the security department we have noticed that some users stop the Avast services to use cracks or to open infected files. Because of that, and to protect the customers' networks, we decided to set a password to Avast so the users cannot stop any Avast service. But we are talking about more than 40 computers with Avast installed.... is there any way to set the password using a command/script?
Other problem that we use to have... there are some computers which don't have internet access for restriction policies, we allow internet access during the night to execute windows update and to performance some audit tasks. We have some scripts that execute the virus database update during those hours... but the users use to say that a red windows appears once every day saying that there was a problem trying to update the virus database. We've solved the problem setting the virus update to manual mode, but there are still over 25 in manual mode. Any command to set the virus in manual mode?

Hoping you can help me.

Thanks for you help
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 04:12:05 PM by carlos.bracho »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Setting avast password and change virus update to manual mode
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 04:22:12 PM »
First I'd ask... why not use avast! NetClient, instead of avast! Professional, and control it via ADNM?
This way, there would be no need for special scripts, you could change the settings on all (or part of) the clients simultaneously, restrict the access to program settings, possibly update the computers from a local mirror instead of the Internet, etc.