Author Topic: Avast Icon Not Spinning  (Read 8668 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast Icon Not Spinning
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2008, 02:08:11 AM »
OK.  Was my first understanding wrong?  The icon should not spin unless Avast is doing something, like a scan.  If the icon is just sitting there, that is normal?  If so, many thanks.

Essentially does nothing until you open/modify/execute files then avast will scan those files and the icon will rotate. So it is normal if you aren't opening or running files, if oyu are then it should be rotating, but for a large amount of time it will be static.

Just a suggestion. Maybe the spinning occured because the VRDB was being built. Once built, the Avast icon will not spin as often. Some of my clients have fallen into this trap after a new install.

Once you run the first VRDB scan the interval for VRDB scans is 21 days so you won't see the ' i' rotate frequently, for that reason it is probably best to merge the two icons. When the 21 day interval is up the ' i' icon breaks out of the merge and will rotate whilst the generation is running, when complete the icon wil merge again.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security