Author Topic: Visual glitch  (Read 3960 times)

Znoo

Visual glitch
« on: May 31, 2003, 02:40:01 PM »
I noticed a minor visual glitch in Avast 4.

I've placed the taskbar at the top of the screen. I like to have it near most of the other buttons at the screen. Unfortunately it seems to cause problems with the positioning of the blue "popup" window that slides up. It's placed 24 pixels too low (the heigth of my taskbar).

I know it is a Windows problem. Alot of other programs start up under the taskbar, but i know it can be solved. I noticed that the MozillaFirebird browser detects the taskbar at the top of the screen.

Thanks for a great and effective program.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:Visual glitch
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2004, 02:01:23 PM »
Disable 'always on top' in the taskbar options

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Visual glitch
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2004, 09:44:41 PM »
I noticed a minor visual glitch in Avast 4.

I've placed the taskbar at the top of the screen. I like to have it near most of the other buttons at the screen. Unfortunately it seems to cause problems with the positioning of the blue "popup" window that slides up. It's placed 24 pixels too low (the heigth of my taskbar).

I know it is a Windows problem. Alot of other programs start up under the taskbar, but i know it can be solved. I noticed that the MozillaFirebird browser detects the taskbar at the top of the screen.

Thanks for a great and effective program.

Znoo, to disable the blue popup windows that slides up after an update, you can change your avast4.ini file properties. See more information about the avast4.ini file here.

In the section [AAVM] you can write the value SuppressUpdatedInfo=1
This way you can stay with your taskbar at the top of the screen without the avast trouble... Hope this help.  ;)
The best things in life are free.