Author Topic: vista indicator  (Read 18295 times)

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • The WAR Against Malware
Re: vista indicator
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2009, 10:41:31 PM »
Did you buy a used computer? If so, It might of had a antivirus/firewall on it before you buyed it.
Familiarize Yourself! | Educate Yourself! | Beautify Yourself! | Scan Yourself!
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."

Offline Ttail

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2009, 05:22:02 AM »
I have a similar problem. VISTA64 Bit Home premium, IE8,Firefox 3 and Safari Beta 4 as the browsers,AVAST home 4.8

From time to time on clicking on a link the browser just seems to hang. The small VISTA circle just keeps doing its thing and the page never loads. So Shut down the browser and re start it. Now I am locked the Browser just sits there trying to connect to my homepage.
This occurs with all 3 Browsers.

The solution is to Exit the browser, turn of AVAST ON Access protection. Re start the browser which then works quite happily. I then shut down the browser and re activate AVAST On access protection and re start the browser. things are back to normal until the next time it happens. Its random but I get about 3 times a day.

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2009, 11:21:17 AM »

Hi Ttail, I sorry for your troubles but how is this similar to the vista indicator problem?

Offline Ttail

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2009, 04:56:02 AM »
Lukor I think it is since the thread started as DSL disconnects. I am happy to start a new thread if thats desired ref my issue.

Offline Ttail

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2009, 04:58:41 AM »
Okay I have started a new thread.

Offline jimb11

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2009, 04:45:01 PM »
I have a 8 year old monitor and was thinking if that might be my problem? If not the only other thing I can think of is maybe my dsl modem.