Author Topic: Self-Defense features on Competing AVs ?  (Read 2009 times)

mouniernetwork

Self-Defense features on Competing AVs ?
« on: December 30, 2008, 04:26:26 AM »
Hello,

The rather recent addition of the self-defense module in avast has had me wonder whether the other AVs had a similar feature; after a google search I seem to find that none of them do which surprises me. Can anyone confirm this ? Or has anyone encountered better information than me stating the existence of such feature ?

Thanks

Al968

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: Self-Defense features on Competing AVs ?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 08:15:07 AM »
Kaspersky does have it, so does NOD32. AVIRA also has a basic one and they extended the protection in version 9 (still in developement phase). Symantec was also using it quite some time ago also...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Self-Defense features on Competing AVs ?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 03:54:37 PM »
I'm surprised that your google search didn't find much in the way of good info as it is getting to be more the norm than the exception. However to find this out you would normally have to dig deep into the specifications to find it.

The same is true of firewalls, many of those also have self defence, mine, Outpost firewall Pro 2009 does.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security