Author Topic: for avast team  (Read 9926 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: for avast team
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 02:59:46 PM »
@ chronoboi001
Well avast isn't a firewall and is only checking a very limited subset of ports, those commonly used for exploits, DCOM, etc... So a firewall is an essential part of your system security.

@ gate1975mlm
You may be disappointed as it looks like the avast firewall will initially only be available as part of a suite. But the avast anti-virus should still be available as a stand alone download, for those of us that like to choose individual security products.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

gate1975mlm

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 03:30:13 PM »
@ chronoboi001
Well avast isn't a firewall and is only checking a very limited subset of ports, those commonly used for exploits, DCOM, etc... So a firewall is an essential part of your system security.

@ gate1975mlm
You may be disappointed as it looks like the avast firewall will initially only be available as part of a suite. But the avast anti-virus should still be available as a stand alone download, for those of us that like to choose individual security products.

Why would I be disappointed?

As long as I can download Avast AntiVirus 4 or 5 as a stand alone download I will be happy :)

I just do not need a new firewall :)

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 04:01:01 PM »
-= Same here.. I'm satisfied with I have now.. I wont have any need for firewalls [as of now.. haha]..
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 04:52:20 PM »
-= Same here.. I'm satisfied with I have now.. I wont have any need for firewalls [as of now.. haha]..
Use, at least, the Windows firewall for inbound protection.
The best things in life are free.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 09:32:42 PM »
Yeah good idea you should got like Free version anti virus (maybe stay that like that but its you) + Paid Anti virus (like heuristic and behavior.....) + Avast! 5 Internet Security (with firewall and others)

And maybe to add a green area and neutral and red for the guy that wanna ignore or something.

Its my opinion i have let you know i hope i gived u a good point

Bye
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 09:36:36 PM by Mr.Agent »

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 11:22:22 AM »
-= Avast internet suite..? hmm.. I'm not really fond of suites.. there are some features that I dont really use at all that takes up a lot of system memory..
avast! 9 RC1

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2009, 11:31:15 AM »
Yeah good idea you should got like Free version anti virus (maybe stay that like that but its you) + Paid Anti virus (like heuristic and behavior.....) + Avast! 5 Internet Security (with firewall and others)

And maybe to add a green area and neutral and red for the guy that wanna ignore or something.
Don't Grisoft offer something similar, these days?
You want Avast to be like all the others?

Not me! No way!
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 11:35:35 AM »
-= Hmm.. Wouldn't it be nice if avast start a new security trend rather than just making up a firewall..?
avast! 9 RC1

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2009, 01:20:37 PM »
The best things in life are free.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 08:53:55 PM »
like i say its alwil to do that not me sorry if i have offensed you i just wanted to suggest it ;D

Offline Giraffe

• I'm not a Lama!
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 09:47:01 PM »
If v5 does have a firewall I hope that it can be turned off.

I'm currently using Comodo suite with the AV off and Avast! as AV, as I feel that Comodo's AV isn't yet mature (and probably won't be for a year or two), so having the choice would be best.

I like the way that Avast! stops some web sites (although I'm not sure that enermaxusa.com is really one!) and I don't know if Comodo does that.
W7 Pro SP1 32 bit
Intel Core i5 5675C; 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM
Avast!: 2328; Comodo Firewall

Mr.Agent

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2009, 10:21:14 PM »
yeah i had intruder on my network and suspicious file or web its stoped all and my friend had a trojan yesterday and avast helped him to get up without loosing a thing :D

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2009, 11:57:57 PM »
-= "New security trend" a new way of protecting computers.. Got that idea while watching the anime .hack//..
avast! 9 RC1