Author Topic: re:removalofavastsymbolonlowertaskbar  (Read 2439 times)

gemstyx

re:removalofavastsymbolonlowertaskbar
« on: December 30, 2008, 06:33:44 PM »
I tried and downloaded avast virus protection,found it wasn't for me.Uninstalled it only to find I couldn't take it off my lower taskbar.Contacted Microsoft windows,Dell the maker of computer to no avail.Also my isp which is earthlink w/ all its technical support team wouldn't or can't help.what do any of you suggest?

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
Re: re:removalofavastsymbolonlowertaskbar
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 07:18:37 PM »
I tried and downloaded avast virus protection,found it wasn't for me.Uninstalled it only to find I couldn't take it off my lower taskbar.Contacted Microsoft windows,Dell the maker of computer to no avail.Also my isp which is earthlink w/ all its technical support team wouldn't or can't help.what do any of you suggest?

Try this - http://www.avast.com/eng/avast-uninstall-utility.html

"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 07:50:17 PM »
If you had another AV installed when you installed avast it could cause conflicts, causing a corrupt installation. But the normal add remove programs if an entry was created should remove all of of avast. Otherwise you would need to use the uninstall tool as Bluesman mentioned.

1. Uninstall (using add remove programs, if you can't do that start from the next step), reboot.

2. run the avast! Uninstall Utility, reboot. 
If step 1 above failed it may be necessary to run this from safe mode (or the self-defence module may block this), once complete reboot into normal mode.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

CharleyO

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 03:02:50 AM »

I also use Earthlink as my ISP and I can assure you that avast! is much better than what they offer.

So, why do you not want to use avast?

Why do you say it is not for you?

Can you answer these few questions so we will better understand?