Author Topic: How do I re-register?  (Read 11570 times)

auslan

How do I re-register?
« on: January 03, 2009, 03:35:50 AM »
Happy New Year to you all. I was hopeful someone could tell me how to re-register Avast after my current term expires. I have the free home version and I love it. Will Avast send me a new rego key automatically or do I have to apply somewhere. I'd hate not to be covered against all those nasties. Thanks in advance for your help and take care. Cheers Auslan
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 03:38:19 AM by auslan »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How do I re-register?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 03:51:56 AM »
Complete the avast! 4 Home Registration form and you will receive an email from register @ avast.com (without the spaces) with your registration key.

Choose Option 3 when registering, existing user need new registration key, or words to that effect. You don't have to use the same email as you did before, the key would be sent to the one you use on completing the form.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

auslan

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 05:55:24 AM »
Hey DavidR thx for your speedy and helpful reply. I have bookmarked the page you sent me and will use it re-register when the time comes. Speaking of which, can I assume that I will be notified when my 12 mths is up because I'm not sure how long I've had it on the PC for. It must be nearly a year I reckon.Cheers Auslan.

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 06:35:06 AM »
Hey auslan, Right click on the blue "A" ball in the system tray ( next to the clock) and choose "about avast", then click on the  "+" next to "registration key". This will tell you when your key expires.
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 03:31:22 PM »
Hey DavidR thx for your speedy and helpful reply. I have bookmarked the page you sent me and will use it re-register when the time comes. Speaking of which, can I assume that I will be notified when my 12 mths is up because I'm not sure how long I've had it on the PC for. It must be nearly a year I reckon.Cheers Auslan.

You're welcome.

The Home registration is actually for 14 months and Marc57 shows how to see what the Updates Expiration date is. About 14 days before that you should start getting reminders, this can cause a little confusion as some think it is saying update to the Pro version it isn't you can still re-register for the Home version.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

auslan

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 09:13:25 AM »
Thx Marc 57 for that good clue I had a look as you suggested and now I'm more confident. Thanks also davidR for your additional advice. This forum is a really good place to pick up all the clues and may it long continue. Cheers everyone and take care. Auslan (downunder with the kangas. )

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 09:40:44 AM »
No problem, Glad to help.
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!