Author Topic: Script Blocking against Viruses from Web pages  (Read 2846 times)

pcnavigator

Script Blocking against Viruses from Web pages
« on: April 26, 2004, 11:15:28 PM »
I would like to know what .exe program in the Avast4 Folder in
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4, that I can associated with a Program called ScripTrap, that has a function to send something to the scanner. I want it to be the same as that to which a file would be sent to when Right clicked and sent to Avast to be scanned.

There are a lot of .exe files in there and I have tried some, but I havent gotten the right results.

Avast4! Home Edition does not come with Script Blocking against Viruses from Web pages, as the Professional Edition does. I am not sure that ScripTrap (free program) will do the job, but I am trying to fill in the gap.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
Re:Script Blocking against Viruses from Web pages
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 12:30:52 AM »
Pcnavigator,

The Avast 4 Home Edition doesn't included Script Blocking only the Avast 4 Pro version has got Script Blocking.

For more information between the 2 version Home and Pro look here http://www.avast.com/i_idt_1018.html
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

pcnavigator

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 12:34:28 AM »
I may have found the correct association: ASHQUICK.EXE.
Now if I only knew if ScripTrap was the right program for the job.

techie101

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 03:51:25 AM »
pc,

To fill the "gap", I would recommned either Script Defender or Script Sentry.

Both do a nice job of screening web page scripts.

Good luck
Techie