Author Topic: Avast4Home KDE4 integration  (Read 7935 times)

Tigerw

Avast4Home KDE4 integration
« on: January 15, 2009, 03:05:29 PM »
Today Avast Linux Home Edition is nice "integrated" with the file browser Konqueror when running KDE3.x. There is an action "Scan for viruses" in Konquerors context menu (when right-clicking a folder).
It would be nice to have the same action integrated into the context menu of KDE4.x file browsers Dolphin and Konqueror, is this possible?

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
Re: Avast4Home KDE4 integration
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 03:21:36 PM »
Today Avast Linux Home Edition is nice "integrated" with the file browser Konqueror when running KDE3.x. There is an action "Scan for viruses" in Konquerors context menu (when right-clicking a folder).
It would be nice to have the same action integrated into the context menu of KDE4.x file browsers Dolphin and Konqueror, is this possible?

Hallo,
i don't use KDE (and even higher versions of this desktop-suite), but have a look here:

# install KDE service menu item (quick scan):
        if test -d $prefix/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus ; then
            install_symlink avast-quickscan.desktop \
                $prefix/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/avast-quickscan.desktop
        fi

it was just link to avast-quickscan.desktop file, placed in konqueror's servicemenus directory as a symlink. Have a look on the place, where KDE4 stores those entries, and place the link there in the same manner.

regards,
pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)

Tigerw

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 11:55:56 AM »

Hallo,
i don't use KDE (and even higher versions of this desktop-suite), but have a look here:

fi

it was just link to avast-quickscan.desktop file, placed in konqueror's servicemenus directory as a symlink. Have a look on the place, where KDE4 stores those entries, and place the link there in the same manner.

regards,
pc

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I have no idea where KDE4 store those entries, my knowledge is a bit limited  :-[

Maybee Avast developers can add this feature into next release?

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 01:39:32 PM »

Hallo,

fi

regards,
pc

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I have no idea where KDE4 store those entries, my knowledge is a bit limited  :-[

Maybee Avast developers can add this feature into next release?

In such case, ususally, it's good trick to add some artificial entry with exotic-enough name, and search for this string in your home and /usr. success granted :).

regards,
pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)

Tigerw

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 03:58:12 PM »
Found this folder:

/usr/share/kde4/services/ServiceMenus

I tried to copy the avast-quickscan.desktop symlink from /opt/kde3/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus to there but with no success.

Cannot find any other folder named "servicemenus".

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 08:37:52 AM »
Found this folder:

/usr/share/kde4/services/ServiceMenus

I tried to copy the avast-quickscan.desktop symlink from /opt/kde3/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus to there but with no success.

Cannot find any other folder named "servicemenus".

Just have a look at their new servicemenu formats. add some place-holder in a normal way (from the desktop-tool), and then edit it to start avast-quickscan instead.

regards,
pc