Author Topic: No Email Scanner Can I Find On Avast 4.8  (Read 7923 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: No Email Scanner Can I Find On Avast 4.8
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 08:58:03 PM »
Well the usual culprit in this case is your system date being incorrect - double click on the clock, ensure it is displaying the correct Day Month Year and correct as required.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Jill

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 07:30:05 PM »
Yes the date , clock , and time are displaying correctly.  Still a red X in Microsoft Security.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 08:16:48 PM »
Well I'm somewhat surprised at that as the Security Center is usually correct when reporting out of date (VPS 7 days or more old) and on occasion it even reports the AV not running when it is.

Try a repair of avast. Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow. This may rectify any inconsistency within avast on the VPS version dates, etc.

If not you are going to have to try and update/repair the Vista Security Centre as it isn't working correctly. Now I have no Idea if some of these work with Vista or more so with the 64bit version of it.

Check this - Solution when Windows Security Center does not recognize antivirus or firewall

Or http://windowsxp.mvps.org/repairwmi.htm.

- OR
* Click Start, Run and type CMD.EXE

* Type this command and press Enter:

net stop winmgmt

* Using Windows Explorer, rename the folder %windir%\System32\Wbem\Repository. (For example, %windir%\System32\Wbem\Repository_bad.). %windir% represents the path to the Windows directory, which is typically C:\Windows.

* Switch to Command Prompt window, and type the following and press ENTER after each line:

net start winmgmt

EXIT
Reboot

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security