Author Topic: Avast blocking online file host  (Read 4447 times)

coltpixy

Avast blocking online file host
« on: January 04, 2009, 03:44:08 PM »
I have used avast home edition for many years. I have been using Ripway.com for a file host for several years and never had a problem until yesterday. Now I cannot see my own files on Ripway nor can I see any of the images on my websites that are hosted at Ripway. I get a toaster pop-up from avast saying something to the effect that "avast network is blocking malicious site h1.ripway.com".

Avast 4.8 Home Edition
version database 090103-1.01/03

kubecj

Re: Avast blocking online file host
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 04:11:01 PM »
Ripway was hosting some malware and I mistakenly blocked the whole domain - should be already fixed.

coltpixy

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 04:56:28 PM »
Just checked and when I clicked on one of my image files I got pop-up toaster, "Network blocked malicious site hi1ripway"

coltpixy

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 05:19:43 PM »
Now when I go to my blog I get multiple toaster pop-ups, "Network Blocking malicious site h1Ripway.com". I do not want people using avast going to my blog thinking I have anything malicious there! http://coltpixy.com
I do not know of any other hosting site that hosts .ico files or pdf files.

Lindor

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 05:26:25 PM »
I myself have been having issues with Ripway. I use it to store some .mp3's so I can host them on a few web sites. I don't have any other problems except for that. It always pops up as http://h1.ripway.com/***/***  (* = user name is usualy first and then the file name is second).

coltpixy

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 05:32:16 PM »
For me, the images/files hosted there are blank on the pages they are supposed to be on and I get the toaster pop-up from avast ""Network Blocking malicious site h1Ripway.com" while on the web page. Mulitple messages if more than one image is there.
If I go to Ripway I get the same toaster pop-up and if I click on an image in my account there I get an "address not found" page. I can see the thumbnails on the account and Ripway says they see no problems with my account.

Lindor

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 05:53:12 PM »
It is 1150 am EST and I just had a update within the last hour and checked out my sites and my songs are now playing. Also there is no message popups about blocking them.

coltpixy

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 06:37:46 PM »
It is working fine for me after the update too.

Thank you! ♥ Avast!