Author Topic: DO.EXE TrojanDownloader.WIN32Revop  (Read 3249 times)

Robert

DO.EXE TrojanDownloader.WIN32Revop
« on: April 27, 2004, 03:28:02 PM »
My Avast Home Edition just picked up the WIN32rEVOP virus during  an Adaware scan.I deleted the file and all seems ok.It seemed to get into my computer when I  updated the Avast program to the latest vesion as indicated b ;D ;Dy a notice last friday and very quickly became inundated with pop-up ads and prgrams stating mysteriously.(ie MicroSoft Office).
My question is how did this get past my Avast Shield in the first place?

whocares

Re:DO.EXE TrojanDownloader.WIN32Revop
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 03:51:53 PM »
Hi,

it got past your shield, because it's either some archive which the shield doesn't scan by default,
or because avast doesn't yet know this variant.

send the file in if posible, otherwise Update your WIN and secure your IE
(see search or security-sites)

Robert

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 07:38:41 PM »
Thanks for the fast response. ;D

gmichael

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2004, 04:41:14 PM »
I seem to have the same problem...  upon boot up a get a virus warning "win32revop.exe".  I have tried to delete the file both from the Avast program and from my windows explorer directory and it won't let me.  What is the deal... I think I noticed this occuring not long after downloading my update for avast.  
PLEASE ADVISE!

Robert

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2004, 06:40:50 PM »
In my case,the virus was picked up by Avast but during an"Ad-Aware" scaqn.I was doing the Ad-Aware scan because of an unusual barrage of Pop-ups that I couldn't seen to control.I  first did a system restore to just before up-dateng Avast,performed an Ad-Aware scan and during that scan Avast picked u0 the virus.I was able to delete the file at that point ,However.
I don't know if this helps but it is what I did.
  Good Lick!  ;D