Author Topic: New Version!  (Read 4112 times)

CharleyO

New Version!
« on: April 27, 2004, 07:12:51 PM »

Woohoo ... avast! version 4.1.396 is out!    :D  

Downloaded and installed quickly & correctly!    :)      

Thanks to all at avast!    ;D  

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re:New Version!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 07:54:05 PM »
Thanks from me too, although I'm one of the lucky few who hasn't had any problems since that thing with outgoing Eudora mail several sub-versions back that's almost forgotten by now.  :)

Although I've got my program updates set for advise-when-available, I've typically checked manually anyway every day or two so haven't seen that "click to download" popup in quite a while until today.  Is it my imagination, or did the Alwil team finally figure out how to get that popup to stay up quite a bit longer than it used to (and longer than the definitions-auto-update advisory does)?

Best to all,
Mike
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 04:00:08 AM »
Is it my imagination, or did the Alwil team finally figure out how to get that popup to stay up quite a bit longer than it used to (and longer than the definitions-auto-update advisory does)?

If so, it would be possible to configurate through avast4.ini file...
Cay somebody post the name of the parameter and its values?  ;)
The best things in life are free.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 07:53:05 AM »
Mike, it's your imagination ;D The interval has not changed, but your brain is no more sensitivite to it... Besides, you don't have to read the message because you already know what it says anyway... ;)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2004, 07:46:38 PM »
Mike, it's your imagination ;D The interval has not changed, but your brain is no more sensitivite to it... Besides, you don't have to read the message because you already know what it says anyway... ;)

Actually the seond part isn't quite true, especially if I'm busy with something else -- the two popups are quite similar in appearance, and one says the definitions update has been done for me while the other wants action on my part to load the program update.

Hmm, a thought for future versions -- maybe different colors for the auto-update-done and update-available popups?

But I'll accept that the timing's still the same, if you say so -- brain injury does do weird things to perception and imagination.  ;)
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent