Author Topic: what is the best  (Read 2765 times)

sameeer_45

what is the best
« on: January 10, 2009, 12:24:46 PM »
hay everyone

can i ask Q

i want to upgrade my XP to Vista or SERVER 2008

but befor that i want to know which one of that tow oprating system have strongest security center

and i want to see why (( avast + Vista SP1 Business Edition or vista x64 )) fail in v100 testing
while (( avast + server 2008 )) are  enable to pass that v100 testing

take alook at the picture which is down this topic

and what is the kind of avast  in the server is it professional  or server edition

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: what is the best
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 12:32:51 PM »
The passing or failing vb100 is usually caused by a false alarm on clean testset - and has nothing to do with the operating system, but only with the virus database at the particular testing date.
So, there's no difference in antivirus security between the system.

It's not possible to install avast! Professional on Server 2008 - avast! Server Edition is needed.

ardvark

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 02:30:59 PM »
Hi Sameeer...

Before you proceed with installing either Windows Vista or Server 2008, please make sure that your system has enough resources to handle both the operating system and any intensive applications smoothly and quickly. Windows Vista requires significantly more resources than XP and unless you make an inventory of your specs, you may end up extremely disappointed with the results. :(

If you feel comfortable providing your system's specs, we could help you with determining compatability in case you haven't already done so. :)

Also, be aware of the possibility that drivers and/or software which you need and are running under XP may not work under Vista, particularly with the 64 bit version. Before you make this decision, please ensure that there are Vista compatible versions of all your drivers and software.

I have no experience with Server 2008 but I would guess you would be looking at a similar situation with this OS as well.

Hope this helps. :)

May God Bless you!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 02:34:10 PM by ardvark »

sameeer_45

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 04:29:16 PM »
:D :D :D :D    thanks to everyone
specially to you ardvark   :D :D :D :D

your INFO are good than i expect

ardvark

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 04:24:51 AM »
Hi Sameeer...

You are more than welcome, glad I could help! :)

Best Regards...