Author Topic: viruus!!! virus!!! virus!!!  (Read 2128 times)

anupupadhye

viruus!!! virus!!! virus!!!
« on: January 10, 2009, 05:29:48 PM »
when i start d net something autometically starts downloading and after some time i get a message that virus detected ... this happens severa times... wat to  do??
even if i scan manually d scan stops and the pc hangs.. so cant manually remove the viruses.. help.......

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: viruus!!! virus!!! virus!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 06:56:32 PM »
Post the information on what is detected.

What is the malware name, the infected file name, where was it found e.g. (malware name, C:\windows\system32\infected-file-name.xxx) ? 
Check the avast! Log Viewer (right click the avast 'a' icon), Warning section, this contains information on all avast detections. C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashLogV.exe

What version of windows are you using ?

If you have XP, vista32bit or Win2k, you could enable a boot time scan. Right click the avast icon, select Start avast! Antivirus, a memory scan will take place followed by the opening of the Simple User Interface, Menu, 'Schedule boot-time scan...' Or see http://www.digitalred.com/avast-boot-time.php.

Don't delete any detections, it is best to send any detections to the Chest (quarantine).

Have (or did) you another AV installed in this system, if so what was it and how did you get rid of it ?

Edit:  Ensure that you have the latest virus signature version: 090110-0 that has resolved a problem related to a hang on a particular file. I don't know if this is what is the problem with the manual scan you did, but it is best to do a manual iAVS update.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 07:00:57 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security