Author Topic: WMI SecurityCenter  (Read 7590 times)

Mark_C

WMI SecurityCenter
« on: January 14, 2009, 09:21:34 AM »
Hello,

I am using Avast Home Edition on Windows Vista Business.

I have problem with WMI, namespace Root\SecurityCenter, class AntiVirusProduct. It has no instances. I tried to rebuild wmi database (delete repository folder and restart wmi service), uninstall and install avast again, but there are still no instances of this class.

First, Security Center didn't recognize Avast as Virus protection. But after reinstall avast, it did. Now, in Security Center there is everything "On", but using WMI CIM Tools class AntiVirusProduct has no instances at all. In namespace SecurityCenter2 there is one instance of AntiVirusProduct class, but there are no properties like productUptoDate.

I don't know, where the problem could be. Can anyone suggest some solution?

Thanks

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
Re: WMI SecurityCenter
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 09:55:03 AM »
I'm not familiar with Vista, but the procedure is probably similar to that of XP...
When you rebuilt the wbem repository (by deleting that folder, I presume), did you first stop the WMI service and the security centre service?
They should both be stopped, set to automatic, the repository deleted, and the computer re-booted.

Apologies if that seems obvious (it's not to some), just want to make sure what was done.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

Mark_C

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 07:29:48 PM »
I stopped only WMI service, not the security center one. Do you think it had negative consequences? May I try to rebuild wbem rep. again? (now correctly)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 01:36:59 AM »
I don't know if it will help, but here is a procedure to restart the repository in XP and Vista...
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=23457.msg193534#msg193534
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/repairwmi.htm
The best things in life are free.