Author Topic: Insert note into clean message  (Read 12060 times)

jonn.jo

Insert note into clean message
« on: April 28, 2004, 07:24:47 PM »
Hi..have a problem..hope someone can help..i want to insert a note into clean and infected mails..i mark it in the Provider Configuraton and click OK, it works...but then after a reboot the notes are gone and the markers are gone, have tried to glide the slider from normal to custom in the Provider Config...why does avast reset my markers after a reboot? ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Insert note into clean message
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 04:39:25 AM »
Have tried to glide the slider from normal to custom in the Provider Config.

Changing the slider from custom to normal will 'reset' the configuration...

...why does avast reset my markers after a reboot?

It should not... Can you send to yourself an email both only text and HTML format?
Aren't the notes there?
The best things in life are free.

jonn.jo

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 08:04:23 PM »
yes ....sending e-mail to my self and it works..the notice are there...but when reboot, the slider is back to Normal and the checkmarks are gone..also tryed to mark for "Show detailed onfo on performed action" in advanced setting...works great... but when reboot it is gone..... Avast is a great scanner even greater if i can get this to work

Please help  :'(

jonn.jo

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 08:21:47 PM »
Must i do something whit the format of the notes? And buy the way...i think downloading whit the scanning takes longer than whitout...is it beacause the scanner scans it on the server before downloading?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 05:00:17 AM »
I think this issue has nothing concerning to notes format  :-\

Of course, when scanning the email messages the system will take longer than without scanning. The reason is because after the download is finish and the system will save the file in the disk, avast will scan the file.

avast does not scan the un-downloaded messages that are in the server yet...  ;)

jonn.jo

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2004, 08:32:50 PM »
Have the same problem after reinstall Avast...is it only me whit this problem....can it be another program like a firewall that makes the problem...have a Kerio Personal Firewall on my computer..cant see who and why it should....

jonn.jo

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2004, 12:15:42 PM »
Anyone...please.... :'(

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2004, 03:30:22 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

avast! Antivirus: Inbound message clean. Virus Database (VPS): 0418-1, 27/04/2004 , Tested on: 27/04/2004 5:51:19 PM

avast! is copyright (c) 2000-2003 ALWIL Software.

I use ZoneAlarm as a firewall and the info above is whats on the bottom of my clean e-mail.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2004, 04:25:26 AM »
But when reboot, the slider is back to Normal and the checkmarks are gone...
Also tryed to mark for "Show detailed onfo on performed action" in advanced setting... works great... but when reboot it is gone...

Well, are you using avast in a non-administrator account?
I can't help you more because I tryed all my guess... For me everything works fine  :-[

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2004, 07:54:58 AM »
jonn.jo, what operating system are you using? Also, what version of avast do you have, exactly?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

jonn.jo

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2004, 05:48:00 PM »
Well...Win98SE is my OS... Avast Home scanner is V.4.1.396 and a free for home use, dont think there is a way to work around the problem, have tryed everything now...but thanks to all of you trying to help..guess some problems we have to live whit...its a great scanner and im keeping it, as long as it scans my mail...main thing

fannymites

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2004, 06:11:38 PM »
I don't know if this helps at all but I've been having same problem and I've also been having trouble with my Zone Alarm Pro not saving settings.  Well today I shut down Zone Alarm and set it not to start up at sytem start just to see what happened and strangely enough my Avast settings didn't reset after the reboot this time.  

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2004, 06:59:09 PM »
What you can do is the following: open the file <avast>\data\avast4.ini in Notepad, and change the line that reads

Database=ODBC

to

Database=XML

Then restart the machine, and try making the changes again.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

CharleyO

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2004, 10:05:39 PM »
Here's something that might help some of you with this. I found that I, too, was having a problem with keeping the custom setting for the Internet Mail Provider (IMP) using the slider alone. It would change back to High just by clicking from IMP to any other Provider and back to IMP.

I had to click on the Customizer button. Checking on some of the items under the various tabs would not make the slider stay on Custom when clicking on other Providers. It always returned to High.

To get the slider to stay on Custom, I had to click on customize button on the Heuristics tab. When the new box opened, I left the default settings (only one item not checked) as they were and clicked OK. Now, the Custom setting stays no matter what else might be done.    ;D  

I hope this might help some of you who may not be doing enough to keep the slider from returning to High after you have set it on Custom.    :D  

By the way, I am using W98SE, avast4 Home (of course), ZoneAlarm, various anti-malware programs, and a couple of cleaner programs for ridding my computer of junk files saved by IE.    :)  

« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 10:09:37 PM by CharleyO »

jonn.jo

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2004, 08:00:51 PM »
Well...tryed all of the above...i shut down the firewall and set it to not start when sys. startup... did not help...my avast4.ini file was set to XML by default in Database...did not try to set it to ODBC....i set the slider in Heuristics to custom and left the default settings (only one item not checked) as they were and clicked OK...guess what?...DID NOT HELP ...LOL...Nothing in my IMP settings can by saved everything i do in IMP setting is reset after a reboot...but is the settings saved to a file in Avast catalog somewhere... and is it possible to set it in Notepad maybye? Now who can answer me on this i wonder....lol, thanks for all help so far