Author Topic: Found an answer to a Windows 7 problem with Avast  (Read 3067 times)

jmh010

Found an answer to a Windows 7 problem with Avast
« on: January 17, 2009, 12:47:11 AM »
C:/
Vista 32-bit Home Premium
Avast 4.x (too my knowledge it is the latest non-BETA)

F:/  (partition made for Windows 7, Windows 7 thinks it's C:/ and that the real C:/ (above) is F:/)
Windows 7 32-bit Ultimate Build 7000

Originally I couldn't get avast to install.  I tried downloading the installer as many different ways as I could think of, even with different browsers just to see if there was some weird compatibility thing.  It just didn't work.  Right after the installer was started it would pop up with error 1006 (000003EE).

Well I just wanted to let everyone know that avast is fine but there's something up.  I was browsing through the help forum looking for something and just, off a whim, clicked the "2nd" download button down the page.  The first was an English download from CNET's download.com.  The second one was a direct English download from avast.com (I thought it would just redirect to CNET also).

So I don't know what you want to do with the information, but I could not get it to install on Windows 7 with the download.com installer...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Found an answer to a Windows 7 problem with Avast
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 12:56:35 AM »
It had some problems in the past, due to download.com does not have the latest version.
I've tested on a VMWare environment and avast worked smoothly with Windows 7.
Can you try the direct avast server download?
The best things in life are free.