Author Topic: Problem with avast  (Read 3755 times)

ctytrungloi

Problem with avast
« on: January 15, 2009, 09:00:05 AM »
ok - ive posted this issue on a few forums, to no avail
http://help.lockergnome.com/security/Problems-Avast-ftopict9072.html
nha khoa.com/showthread.php?t=34569
nhựa.com/showthread.php?t=33
đúc nhôm.com /index.php?showtopic=46512
cacao.com/showthread.php?t=271
 trà.com/showthread.php?t=15
khuôn mẫu.com/showthread.php?t=156933
gừng.com/showthread.php?t=32
thiết kế web.com/showthread.php?t=345
 quảng bá website.com/showthread.php?t=3453
quảng cáo trực tuyến.com/showthread.php?t=123
quảng cáo web.com/showthread.php?t=234
phay CNC.com/showthread.php?t=456933
khuôn nhựa.com/showthread.php?t=323
not sure if this is the place to post (I'm brand-spanking-new to the forums, so hello by the way!), but I've got a real problem and I can't seem to find an answer to it anywhere:

I'm running Windows XP, on a cable connection, and I'm using Avast! Antivirus along with ZoneAlarm (free) Firewall. Whenever I install Avast! on my system, somewhere along the line, I get disconnected (It's kind of a random disconnection; happens every so often). Should mention that it also happens if/when I use the Windows Firewall instead of Z.A, and I've heard of the conflicts with using ZA and Avast! together, but I don't think that's the problem.

If anyone has any experience with the problem, and could help me ASAP, it'd be wonderful.

onlysomeone

Re: Problem with avast
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 09:32:52 AM »
did you use any other antivirus before?
is there any other security software on your computer?
(additionally to avast and zone alarm (or windows firewall))
how are you connected to the internet? (dial-up, proxy,...)

yours
onlysomeone

ardvark

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 09:58:08 AM »
Hi  Onlysomeone...

It appears he's/she's currently using AntiVir and has used AVG in the past...

http://help.lockergnome.com/security/Problems-Avast-ftopict9072.html

@ctytrungloi: Hi, how did you go about uninstalling AVG?

Best Regards...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 12:05:59 PM »
avast and ZA does not conflict, there is an avast setting to make them work together.
But you should use only one antivirus at a time.

I suggest:

1. Clean your temporary files.
2. Schedule a boot time scanning with avast with archive scanning turned on. If avast does not detect it, you can try DrWeb CureIT! instead.
3. Use SUPERantispyware, MBAM or Spyware Terminator to scan for spywares and trojans. If any infection is detected, better and safer is send the file to Quarantine than to simple delete them.
4. Test your machine with anti-rootkit applications. I suggest avast! antirootkit or Trend Micro RootkitBuster.
5. Make a HijackThis log to post here or this analysis site. Or even submit the RunScanner log to to on-line analysis.
6. Disable System Restore and then reenable it again.
7. Immunize your system with SpywareBlaster.
8. Check if you have insecure applications with Secunia Software Inspector.
The best things in life are free.

jdeszcz

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 08:49:26 PM »
I am having a difficult time uninstalling avast.  I had it working fine but then it stopped suddenly and I decided to get rid of the program altogether.  I have tried using aswClear but I get an error stating that Avast is in self protection mode.  I tried running the uninstall in safe mode but still get the same response.  Please help me get this software uninstalled.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 11:03:05 PM »
Is there ashdisp.exe in the avast folder yet?
If so, can you run it, right click the 'a' blue icon on system tray, choose Program Settings, Troubleshooting, Disable the avast self-defense module.
Than try to uninstall through Control Panel, boot, uninstall using the aswClear.exe tool.
The best things in life are free.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 11:26:22 PM »
I am having a difficult time uninstalling avast.  I had it working fine but then it stopped suddenly and I decided to get rid of the program altogether.  I have tried using aswClear but I get an error stating that Avast is in self protection mode.  I tried running the uninstall in safe mode but still get the same response.  Please help me get this software uninstalled.

It would probably have been better to have sought help here to try to resolve the problem of why it stopped.

If you are still getting the self-defence error then you aren't in safe mode as avast doesn't run in safe mode, how are you entering safe mode ?

Booting into safe mode http://www.pchell.com/support/safemode.shtml
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security