Author Topic: Scanear Windows XP'S files and Windows Seen ( VISTA)  (Read 2659 times)

varja

Scanear Windows XP'S files and Windows Seen ( VISTA)
« on: January 18, 2009, 12:42:28 AM »
Personal Ola 
Good night 
                 Does anybody know how to inform me? I have a notebook with the Windows-XP and with Windows Seen, my antivirus avast! version 4.8 professional and he are scheduled for everyday ace 20:00 hours to do the sweeping in whole HD, I am noticing that he doesn't get scanear the files that this in the partition where is Windows Seen...... Somebody knows how to inform what is. 

Thankful 
Varjao

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Scanear Windows XP'S files and Windows Seen ( VISTA)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 01:54:03 AM »
The whole partition? Of just Seen folder? Oh... what is Seen (do you mean Vista)? ???
Check avast settings (exclusion lists) to see if anything is being skipped.
The best things in life are free.

varja

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 02:20:23 AM »
Hello 
in settings exclusions he/she doesn't have anything inside this emptiness. even so non scanear the files of the partition where the windows vista is installed 
Thankful 
Varjao

varja

Re: Scanear Windows XP files and Windows VISTA
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 03:39:42 PM »
Hello for all the friends 
              I am in I await it of an answer of the colleagues of the forum on the subject mentioned above. 
               I have one it plans with two partitions 
a partition with the windows xp 
a partition with the windows vista 
 Only that when I am scaneando the aqurivos for the windows xp him non veriifca the files of the partition of the windows vista that is partition with the letter E. 

Thankful 
Varjao

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 03:58:09 PM »
Varja, some folders in Vista aren't scanned because they're only links. Vista uses circular links to %Program Files% and %Users% folders.
Avast is just reporting it. You can uncheck the options for reporting soft and hard errors on the avast settings.
It was a problem, already solved (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=27330.msg223192#msg223192). Now, the only thing that rests is the reporting.

The other parts of the system should be scanned.
The best things in life are free.