Author Topic: QuickScan re-enable disabled showing alert  (Read 1870 times)

MichaelY

QuickScan re-enable disabled showing alert
« on: January 18, 2009, 09:53:49 AM »
I have disabled showing the virus alert during QuickScan and now want to re-enable it. How do I do that? I assume it would be a setting in Avast.ini, but if so, what is it? Using Avast Home Free.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: QuickScan re-enable disabled showing alert
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 10:12:04 PM »
The virus alert is always shown in Home version... just boot your computer... It's a session setting.
On contrary, if you're talking about the report after scanning, well, just right click the icon, Program Settings, Common, Show results for Explorer extension.
The best things in life are free.

MichaelY

Re: QuickScan re-enable disabled showing alert
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 11:36:31 PM »
The virus alert is always shown in Home version... just boot your computer... It's a session setting.
On contrary, if you're talking about the report after scanning, well, just right click the icon, Program Settings, Common, Show results for Explorer extension.

Thanks for the info. That's too bad, but it is free. And by-the-way, a reboot isn't necessary. Just start a new scan and the "Don't show this again" is reset.

The work around for me is to force it to find the EICAR test virus at the beginning of the scan and just manually disable the alert before it begins the long scan of the drive. Using the scan log I can later manually process any errors found.