Author Topic: Could Avast block downloading digital photos?  (Read 5181 times)

ConLorMar

Could Avast block downloading digital photos?
« on: January 18, 2009, 04:29:10 AM »
Since installing Avast anti-virus I am unable to download photos from my digital camera.  Something is blocking it.  Would there be a setting in Avast causing this, or could it be Windows firewall, which was also just activated since I uninstalled Norton 360. 

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Could Avast block downloading digital photos?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 05:27:43 PM »
I take it that you aren't actually using the avast 4 server version ?

avast isn't a firewall and as such doesn't block, it scans content and alerts to infection but doesn't block.

I fear you still have remnants of your previous Norton 360 that are causing a conflict.

A link worth looking at, which is a program removal tool that can remove the remnants of a number of different Norton Programs:
Removing your Norton program using SymNRT
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ConLorMar

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 08:25:25 PM »
Yes, I did uninstall Norton 360 using that software.  I had read about it, and went into the Symantec website and downloaded it and uninstalled Norton 360 using it.  So, that can't be the problem.  I realize Avast isn't a firewall, and if there are no settings in Avast that could be causing it, then I presume it's Windows Firewall causing it.  I will post a question with Microsoft's forum.  Thank you for responding.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 09:58:19 PM »
Is there any other security program that could interfere? ????
The best things in life are free.

ConLorMar

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 10:45:32 PM »
 ;D  That question says it all!!  By the way, I posted in the wrong forum.  I'm using Avast 4.8 Home Edition.  Anyway, if I find out what's blocking my camera I will try to remember to post back here to let you all know!