Author Topic: Windows 7 Compatablility  (Read 21660 times)

aargre

Windows 7 Compatablility
« on: January 20, 2009, 04:01:40 AM »
Hey I Don't know whether or not anyone has mentioned this before but its working just fine on the windows 7 beta test and I wanted to give kudos

:D great job avast team. keep it up

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Windows 7 Compatablility
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 03:02:22 PM »
Yes, already reported...
Did you experience any trouble using any avast feature?
The best things in life are free.

JonM

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 11:42:45 PM »
I believe that I had the issue where after an update to the Avast database, Windows 7's security center still showed Avast as "out of date".  (I had restored an older ghost image, Avast updated its database, and the red flag remained.)   I believe a reboot resets the security center to reflect the correct status, which is why it's typically not seen.   

To be honest, it didn't mean much to me at the time till I saw it mentioned in another thread in this forum, and then I realized what had happened.

Everything else seems to work.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 12:38:45 AM »
The most common cause of the Windows Security Center showing avast! as "out of date" (if you have the latest VPS) is an incorrect system date. Ensure that your system date is correct, day, month and year.

I would have thought by using an older ghost image, which would have had an even older VPS version would only make things worse, as the gap between the VPS version date and the system date would be greater.

A reboot, depending on settings may possibly synchronise the system clock, but I don't know.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Limba

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 06:54:57 PM »
Hello,

I have big issue with Windows 7 Beta 64bit version and Avast antivirus Home 4.8

When I transfer large amount of data from SAMBA server it usually crash (BSOD) and tell tdx.sys

This issue was solved when I uninstalled Avast antivirus software.
This also can be Microsoft issue. I was already notify then about this problem. If there are some bug/feature in tdx.sys

I can send minidump files of crash

Latest crash callstack:
nt!KeBugCheckEx
nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
nt!KiPageFault+0x25d
tdx!TdxEventReceiveConnection+0x300
tcpip!TcpIndicateData+0xfe
tcpip!TcpDeliverDataToClient+0x370
tcpip!TcpDeliverReceive+0xa5
tcpip!TcpTcbFastDatagram+0x207
tcpip!TcpTcbReceive+0x275
tcpip!TcpMatchReceive+0x1e9
tcpip!TcpPreValidatedReceive+0x31c
tcpip!IppDeliverListToProtocol+0x4d
tcpip!IppProcessDeliverList+0x59
tcpip!IppReceiveHeaderBatch+0x231
tcpip!IpFlcReceivePackets+0x664
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 06:59:56 PM by Limba »

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 10:49:09 PM »
Hi,
currently we consider this to be a bug in Windows 7 since the similar appears with several TDI drivers (not only avast's Network shield).

tdx.sys is the driver that provides kernel networking api for the drivers called TDI. When no TDI filters are loaded (the default after clean install of Vista or Win7), the tdx.sys layer is not used. I believe that the same bug would be invoked by other TDI filters, like for example Netlimiter, various firewalls or antiviruses.

We will of course monitor this issue, thanks for the report!

Lukas.

Limba

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 11:41:15 PM »
I think  I will tomorrow test F-Secure or some other software. If that also have samekind of effect to TDX.sys.

I try to report soon.
Now I go sleep

- Juha

Limba

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 10:48:37 PM »
OK,

Now I have runned test with other antivirus (Norton 360 v3 Beta) and it have same issue. So this is most likely Microsoft tdx.sys issue.

Minidump callstack is same.

- Juha

GrayMissing

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 07:46:07 PM »
I haven't try it...

2pods

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 09:02:36 PM »
The most common cause of the Windows Security Center showing avast! as "out of date" (if you have the latest VPS) is an incorrect system date. Ensure that your system date is correct, day, month and year.

I would have thought by using an older ghost image, which would have had an even older VPS version would only make things worse, as the gap between the VPS version date and the system date would be greater.

A reboot, depending on settings may possibly synchronise the system clock, but I don't know.

I'm getting the "Out Of Date" error, but my system time and date are correct.
Is there anything else I can do to fix it ?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 09:48:28 PM »
First are you using windows 7 beta as this is about windows 7 compatibility ?

But is your VPS the latest version (current version 090127-0) ?

If not do a manual update, right click the avast 'a' icon, select Updating, iAVS Update.
If it is up to date - try a repair of avast. Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

2pods

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 09:56:37 PM »
First are you using windows 7 beta as this is about windows 7 compatibility ?

But is your VPS the latest version (current version 090127-0) ?

If not do a manual update, right click the avast 'a' icon, select Updating, iAVS Update.
If it is up to date - try a repair of avast. Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow.

Yes, I am using the Windows 7 beta or I wouldn't have posted in this thread  ::)
However, I'm just about to try the rest of your advice as soon as I reboot back into W7, and I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

2pods

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 10:10:56 PM »
I went back into Vista to check something, then rebooted back to W7, and it seems to have fixed itself.
All seems OK (touches head in lieu of wood)
thanks

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 10:20:07 PM »
No problem, welcome to the forums.

mpadams

Upgrade from Vista x64 to x64 7 okay, but fresh installs on 32 or x64 7 bad
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 12:23:33 AM »
I've tried ADNM, Avast Pro, and Avast Home on a box with a dual-core CPU, NVIDIA chipset, and either Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit: I keep getting that tdx.sys issue regardless. However, my own home PC running x64 7 that was upgraded from Vista is running Avast Home flawlessly. I suspect 7 and the installers aren't getting along: there's already some workaround for some other Windows Installer issues that I applied on my home system for other programs; if I could find that again, I'd try it on the test box. For the moment, I'm trying an install in "Vista compatability mode" and see if that works...

???