Author Topic: How to automatically delete "suspicious" emails?  (Read 3866 times)

n1313

How to automatically delete "suspicious" emails?
« on: January 21, 2009, 06:50:53 PM »
Hello guys, I have a problem with Avast Home. When I come home from work, I check my home email. It is very old and attracts a lot of spam and that's not the problem. The problem is that Avast reacts to some of that incoming spam emails by popping up a window saying "Suspicious message! Suspicious subject of message" and asking me if I want to delete the suspicious letter or to continue.

These popups are quite annoying, because they usually come in bunches of ten and thus force me to click through them. I am 100% sure that these letters are spam, and I do not want to delete them by hand, I'd like Avast to do something on his own. I don't care if it silently deletes these suspicios emails, and I don't care if it choses to pass them through into tight embrace of my antispam program. I just do not want to be bothered anymore by this stuff. What should I do? I searched the preferences of Avast for "Delete suspicious emails automatically" option, but there is no such thing. Any advice?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How to automatically delete "suspicious" emails?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 07:26:50 PM »
Personally I would have thought that to have your anti-spam filter the traffic first, delete the crud from the email server before downloading the remnants. That way avast is unlikely to catch what might have been filtered out.

I use MailWasher Pro, although it is primarily for Spam it is also easy to deal with suspicious emails. There is a free version, but this only works with a single email account. The Pro version works with multiple accounts.

Other than that you only have the option in the Internet Mail provider, Customize button, Advanced tab, Silent Mode, With General answer No.
I can't recall if that deletes or sends to the chest (effectively you can't subsequently restore from the chest).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

n1313

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 07:29:21 PM »
Thanks a lot!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 07:35:00 PM »
No problem, glad I could help.

Welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security