Author Topic: NTUSER.DAT [E]  (Read 2922 times)

Shiroi

NTUSER.DAT [E]
« on: January 23, 2009, 06:56:34 PM »
Well when i do a thorough scan from simple user interface and it's find this

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\6DWTSTUH\index[1].php\index[1] [L] JS:Packed-I [trj] (0)
File was successfully deleted...
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\Q7OJQLAB\getfile[1].pdf [L] JS:Packed-Q [trj] (0)
File was successfully deleted...
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\NTUSER.DAT [E] The system cannot read from the specified device (30)

Is it okay? for the system can't read the NTUSER.Dat and what does this Packed Trojan do can anyone tell me please???
and another weird problem.when I click save picture as and it open the folder for you to save right? my problem is the name isn't arrange when i click arrange it arrange just for that time.when i click save another picture the file arrange randomly but when it was open from My com>>Drive:_ it arrange just fine i remember that it was once arrange correctly can anyone tell me about this problem too??is it a virus or notT-T

Offline DavidR

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: NTUSER.DAT [E]
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 07:30:23 PM »
First - Deletion isn't really a good first option (you have none left), 'first do no harm' don't delete, send virus to the chest and investigate.

Fortunately the two you did delete were in the temp internet files folder, but not a good habit to get into 'deletion.'

Were you running scan this from a limited user account ?
If so then this system file might not be available to you, especially as it is in the Administrator area.

Packed, means compressed, like a zip archive, when this is in relation to JS, JavaScript it is more suspicious as there should be no reason to do that.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 23.10.6086 (build 23.10.8563.800) UI 1.0.784/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Shiroi

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 12:16:38 AM »
Thanks but i don't know why NTUSER.Dat can't be scan because it just happen to be this time anyways thanks.

Offline DavidR

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 12:26:29 AM »
You're welcome.

Though the answers to my my question might have thrown some light on why you couldn't scan it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 23.10.6086 (build 23.10.8563.800) UI 1.0.784/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security