Author Topic: On Access Log Viewer  (Read 14332 times)

pbritt

Re: On Access Log Viewer
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2009, 03:00:52 PM »
Yes, I probably did change the default, as I like to see what my computer's doing before I turn off options.  My problem was getting back to where I had made the change, and the simple answer to me was search in the Help screen(s) for the words at the top of each message.  So what should I have been looking for in the off-line help?  And how would I have known to look for that?
pb

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: On Access Log Viewer
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2009, 03:39:35 PM »
I would have looked in the Resident Protection - the different scanners and see what the settings do and see if there is a setting that matches the action I'm seeing, on the screen.

Notice I'm not searching for a specific term as I really don't know if that is what it might be called, I'm just looking at what settings are available and what the effect might be.

The problem being I have almost 5 years of using avast and you don't and that is the problem I now know what something is so I could easily use the search function in the help file. But if you can't do that the only option left is to check out the various different settings available in the resident protection that could have that effect.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security